Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yes! I Can! by Ellie




Oh Yes! I can!
by Louise Gallagher



When the blues descend,
BREATHE,
look up into the wild blue wonder above you
and SEE
the limitless possibilities of your life
when you dare to
DREAM
and BE
all that you are meant to be.

When I'm feeling blue I make a mental list of choices I have.
I can choose to be happy, or not.
I can choose to be confused, or not.
I can choose to be frightened, or not.

Know that everything in life is a choice. We have the choice to feel blue or to be lifted up. I have sometimes caught myself thinking, "but I can't help the way I feel." 

The truth is -- I can. Simply by choosing to move the negative thoughts out on the breath of fresh air that comes when I consciously move out of the darkness, I can transform my feelings into empowerment. 

By reminding myself, every time I feel helpless, or frightened, or blue, or insecure, that I can choose to be other than helpless, or frightened, or blue or insecure -- simply by choosing to move into my feelings and out of my comfort zone. 

By acknowledging that what I am feeling is an automatic response to external stimuli -- and thus simply part of my habitual behaviours, I give myself permission to "be different. respond differently." And because I have choice, I can choose to change. I choose to be powerful, loving and committed to being my one true self. When I choose self-empowerment, I choose to believe in me. Because when I believe in me I know that,

Yes I can...
Dream and be
all that I am meant to be.
Yes I can!
Live it on purpose.
Do it by design.
Choose to be different.
Risk the unknown
and BE!
Vibrantly alive
to the possibilities of my dreams.
Oh Yes I Can!





©2011WebOfNarcissism.com


Originally published on WoN August 08, 2005